HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Infiniti Marine committed to the health and safety of its people and to the protection of the environment. This steadfast commitment is founded on our respect for social and environmental issues, a core value that effectively and efficiently drives achievement of our sustainable economic growth and financial performance business goals. Our vision of operational excellence is deeply rooted in our work climate; our expectation is that no one gets hurt and nothing gets harmed. The Company provides the processes, facilities, standards, training, discipline and work culture designed to ensure:1. A safe work environment for our employees and the communities in which we operate;
2. Safe products for our customers;
3. Environmental protection through responsible resource and waste management;
4. Protection of stakeholder assets
- Occupational injuries and illnesses are preventable
- Safe and responsible management of our operations epitomizes respect and care for each other and the environment.
- The fundamental attention to detail that delivers excellence in health, safety and environmental (HSE) matters help us achieve superior competitive business advantage
- Source reduction/elimination is the best waste management practice. Alternatives to source reduction/elimination will focus on reuse, recycling and waste minimization.
- People are our most important resource, and as such, safety is unequivocally our number one (#1) core value. We must constantly strive to achieve zero (0) injuries and illnesses.
- We are all accountable for ourselves and the safety of others in the workplace. Working safely is a condition of employment.
- Our efforts must be focused on prevention of occupational injury and illness; therefore, we will provide requisite training to our employees to empower our incident prevention culture.
- Safety excellence requires proactive and demonstrated leadership. Management is responsible and accountable.
- All employees and contractors are accountable for performing their daily activities in a manner consistent with our HSE policy.
- When an injury or serious incident occurs, we will thoroughly and completely determine its cause and share the lessons learned with our facilities worldwide.
- We will strive to preserve the environment in which we operate by utilizing resources responsibly and by reducing and eliminating waste from our operations at the source; however, where wastes are generated, they will be handled safely and responsibly.
- We will meet or exceed compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Our work with the public and regulatory authorities will be conducted in an atmosphere of trust, openness and cooperation.
- We will integrate our HSE practices, standards and goals into our global business plans in a manner that assures consistent and effective implementation of our HSE policy.
EmployeesInfiniti Marine people at all levels must:
- Comply with all legislation, standards and codes of practice that apply to their workplace
- Practice safe and environmentally sound work methods and behaviours
- Use all appropriate tools, materials, personal protective equipment and environmental safe guards correctly
- Take steps to fix, where safe to do so, and then report any hazards that are identified at work
- Report immediately to their leader all injuries, illness, environmental incidents and near misses, no matter how minor.
LeadersLeaders are accountable for:
- Ensuring that their colleagues work, so far as is reasonably practicable, without risk to their health, safety or to the environment
- Conforming to and enforcing all legislation, standards and codes of practice that apply to their workplace
- Ensuring that every system of work and the working environment of each of their colleagues, so far as is reasonably practicable, is safe and without risk to health or to the environment
- Training their colleagues so that they can develop and successfully maintain safe and environmentally sound working conditions and systems
- Taking steps to control hazards as they are reported
- Investigating incidents and implementing remedial actions to address the basic fundamental causes
- Resolving disputes regarding HSE issues
Contractors and people supplying servicesContractors and people supplying services to Infiniti Marine are required to know and comply with Infiniti Marine’s HSE Policy by:
- Complying to and enforcing all legislation, standards and codes of practice and licensing that apply to work places under their control
- Committing to conform to any HSE requirements specified by Infiniti Marine
- Ensuring that all personnel work, so far as is reasonably practicable, without risk to their health, safety or to the environment
- Ensuring that all personnel performing work on behalf of Infiniti Marine have received appropriate training including safe and environmentally sound work practices
- Reporting immediately all incidents and near misses to Infiniti Marine